Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Joga Bonita"

Playing has always been a central part of my life. Not playing sport (no way!) or playing an instrument but just good old fashioned play. Playing with playdough, playing with blocks, creating a castle out of old sheets, throwing coloured spaghetti at a wall (ok that one has now been outlawed in most daycare centers as a waste of food & a bad example for children...but it was fun!!)
As a babysitter, nanny, childcare worker, then as a childrens' pastor and chaplain and now as a mum about to embark on a journey of homeschooling, play has and always will be an important part (if not all) of my day.
And so when I heard the term "Joga Bonita" used by Brazilian soccer players to describe the way they play their game, I took an instant liking to it. I love the idea that we can interact with each other, learn from each other, enjoy each other in a way that can only be described as 'playing beautifully'. So that is my aim, to play beautifully with my children, my family, my friends and everyone I meet.
And seeing as writing is one of my favourite things to play at, then I thought blogging would be a great way to take you all on my play journey with me. So if you are interested in reading about the adventures of 'schooling' (otherwise known as PLAYING) on a sheep farm out in country western Australia, then read along as we play our way through life. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I love to play too! Will look forward to your play journey!

    ReplyDelete